Monday, March 05, 2007

Yup, we (me) here at Philosopher Dad are very pleased to announce our (my) very first contest!





Last summer the great people over at Pantheon Books sent me an galley copy of Elisha Cooper's Crawling: A Father's First Year. I was stunned. At the time, I was getting like 20 hits a week here, and somebody sent me a book. For free. Well, life is busy and it took me forever and a month to read the book, which is now available in stores/online.

Crawling is a mostly light, sometimes serious look at the ups and downs of a new dad's first year. Cooper has been lumped into the whole hipster parenting thing, probably because he comitted the cardinal sins of taking his daughter to nice coffee shops in San Fran. I think a lot of people commenting on this (non)phenomenon miss one of the most wonderful things about modern parents... Dads taking an active and intersted role in their children's lives and taking the time to share their experiences.


Crawling: a Father's First Year
(Amazon.ca)





Crawling is a great read. Go buy it. Even better, post your best hipster parent story as a comment and a winner will be chosen at random.
UPDATE (03.05.07) I realize that this is asking a lot. Rather than a story, tell us why you are/are not a hipster parent. A winner will be chosen at random.

No comments: